Sunday, September 6, 2009

Family Fun Night went great...not wet

Last night, I was a little worried about the rain and thunderstorms, whether it would even go off. This morning, I thought about calling it early...but, we figured we'd just deal with it, suck it up and just go for it....good thing too!

At Bay West Church's first official community event, there were a lot of people there...a LOT. We cooked 500 hotdogs and they were ALL gone...while I know some people might have gotten two, there were also those that didn't eat any. Lots of kids as well...The Community Center opened up for open gym, and we rented it out for 2 of the 3 hours and it was PACKED (thanks, Dudley, you are simply the man...know you hate that I said your name, but you are).

The GREAT thing was that there were A LOT of community people that I'd never seen or met before...lots of people that got the mailout, saw a sign, looked on the web, were invited by friends or just people they ran across...I was really pleased, but boy, am I tired...as are a lot of really great servants who will sleep well when they go to bed tonight.

GREAT JOB! I don't know how many will come, but there were a lot of people who said they were planning on it...we'll see. Here's our first real attempt to reach out and serve the folks of Palm Bay, Florida...West Palm Bay...and it seems to have worked. I would totally love to name EVERYONE who worked there, but I'd forget someone and that would stink...so I won't...I'll just say I know that God is pleased with your sacrifice and that's why you were there.

No comments:

Post a Comment