Thursday, September 3, 2009

Another really cool email in a timely fashion...

I got home from our Launch Team meeting last night, felt REALLY tired...long day...

The day started well with a great Worship planning session, then a meeting with a guy who agreed to be our drummer for a while...but as the day wore on the issues came in...isn't that just the way it is?

Lots of issues to deal with...all of them level "5"...allegedly...then some good stuff, but you know how it is...the challenging seems to take more out of you, even when the good is there, too.

To end the day, I had a standoff with my 5 year old daughter and we both ended up crying and pledging to be better (okay, I'm a sap, sue me...she's got me, can't help it.)...I'm getting really sick and it won't quit, but I don't have time to quit so it will. So, all in all, it's a pretty not so great ending... I'm lucky I have people that are praying for me or I simply wouldn't be making it (I know they are, they email me that they just did, facebook me right after they do, text messages, v-mails, so that's AWESOME...it's not always necessary to pray for storms to stop, but better to pray for strength to withstand them, to learn what you need to learn through them, and grow closer to God in the process...because that's what it's for....but I digress.)

Back to the story... I'm feeling pretty much lower than a worm's belly button and I decide to check my email...yeah, when you're low you might as well go in for the kill, because usually email can be that...but I got a really cool email from someone who'd seen our flyer and was really glad we were coming to the area. That's great! Made my day!

The other side of things was that this email was PARTICULARLY important because one of the things we've had to deal with was some well-meaning person calling the church to complain about the separation of church and state and how we shouldn't be meeting in a school...didn't matter if we pay BIG money for rent just like anyone else could...because we are a church, we should be penalized for that. I also found out that a few well-meaning people had been pestering the principal, John Tuttle, at the school as well. Our Worship Minister ended up on the call with the well-meaning person and made a really good point..."sir, you make a good point, but isn't it funny that we vote at every election that's had in churches all over the country?"...guy didn't know what to do with that one...kind of took the wind out of his sail...

Anyway...you can see how God sets up stuff to keep you going and give you energy and encourage you, because this was a big email. I hope the person who sent it didn't mind, but I copied-n-pasted a really nicely put portion (minus their names and stuff) and forwarded it to John over at the school. He only gets the junk calls and emails and he needs to know as well how many people appreciate our being in the school. He's a good guy trying to do a hard, yet very important job.

And this type of thing happens all the time...so there's my "just another cool email" story...hope it helps you to. Here's to bringing Bay West Church to West Palm Bay and doing our part in obedience to join with all the other GREAT Palm Bay churches there to reach Palm Bay, Florida for Christ.

P.S. And if that wasn't encouraging enough, the next article I read was that Mark Ingram and Julio Jones (two big starters for the University of Alabama football team) were cleared to play against Va Tech on Saturday night and our starting DE, Brandon Deaderick, who was shot during an attempted mugging on Tuesday, miraculously, only sustained a flesh wound in the arm, so he won't miss his entire senior season or anything...good news all around...every little bit helps...God knows that.

No comments:

Post a Comment