Sunday, July 11, 2010

One thing I forgot today about what is and isn't good...

One more thing that I forgot to say today about what makes a "good" life.

For most of the planet, "good life" means that you do most things right, and everything thinks you are a great person...but as I said today at church, a "good life" has very little to do with what people think of me and everything to do with what people think of God.

What that means is that even in my failures, I can live a "good life".  As I live my life attempting to be honorable to God, I'm probably going to make some mistakes and fall.  If I'm living the world's definition of a "good" life, then I'm done pretty much...game over.  But if my life is truly about focusing everything I can to bring glory to Christ, I can still be living a "good life".  I can take advantage of God's grace and bring glory to Him by showing others that God's grace is amazing.

When I ask for God's forgiveness, accept His grace and point to His healing, I can bring glory and praise to God's great love, grace and healing power....doesn't make me look too swift.  I look flawed and imperfect...this is the place where people usually hide their failures, so they won't look bad.  That's not God's plan.  When we fail, we should not be reluctant to testify of where we failed and God showed up.

Like I said, that won't make us look too good, but that's not really the point is it.  It's all about "what people think of God" after witnessing my life, not about how great they think I am...think about it.

Please continue to pray for us as we try to be the church of Jesus to the people of Palm Bay, Florida at Bay West Church.

No comments:

Post a Comment